PDA

View Full Version : HDPE POND LINER

nickjacob
12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
I have read some reports that 20 ml HDPE pond liner will crack when bent and isn't very pliable. Has anybody used it and would it work if I was trying to line a wooden box type GB or tank. Thank you very much!
NJ

urbanfarmer
12-22-2012, 09:43 PM
It is generally more rigid and less forgiving the way it is commonly manufactured and found in hardware stores. I have seen 20 mil HDPE put into a wood box type tank. I've done it; so, it's definitely possible. I haven't done much research as far as the quality, but I know it's usually the cheapest option.

nickjacob
12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks Urbanfarmer...Should I buy it? I have already spent some money on liners that haven't worked so I don't want to have to waste any more. As long as it fits in a box type fitting I am happy

urbanfarmer
12-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks Urbanfarmer...Should I buy it? I have already spent some money on liners that haven't worked so I don't want to have to waste any more. As long as it fits in a box type fitting I am happy
I would use it if the price is right. How much is it?

JCO
12-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I ordered 20mil black plastic 20' X 100' from Home Depot and use it in my grow beds as well as an in-ground pond I built. I just roll it over the top and secure it. It works well but is not forgiving to sharp objects. :mrgreen:

nickjacob
12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Urban Farmer
It is 28 dollars for 9 by 5. It is from a pond depot store on ebay. its 20 mil...Is it good? When I asked they said it was made with virgin material so is it good?

urbanfarmer
12-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes, that material should suit your needs nicely. :-)