PDA

View Full Version : First round of lettuce

Tanktotable
12-18-2012, 10:05 PM
I am new to the Forum hello everyone. I had my first round of Lettuce growth. But now The pH is 6.3 and the Ammonia is 8.0. During the first 15 days of growth the pH would stay around 7.0-7.6 however my Ammonia was always 8.0 but after day 15 the pH levels dropped. Anyone have a suggestion as to what move I should make next?

Thanks,
Zac

urbanfarmer
12-18-2012, 11:03 PM
BRAVO! :-)

NeverResting
12-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Hey Zac,

Very nice lettuce! It just sounds like the bio-load of the system hasn't been handled by the filter yet. The drop in PH means that you're Ammonia is being converted to Nitrite which is a good sign that your bacteria is working. Reduce the amount you feed the fish until you see it stabilize a little bit. How long has the system been running for? Depending on the PH requirement the fish have you can add a media that raises PH to buffer the drop.

But very nice lettuce indeed. How does it taste?

bcotton
12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Very nice indeeed. I like the time lapse photo arrangement very much.

brian

Tanktotable
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ive been running the system now for about 4 weeks and this set of greens for 15 days. I pulled all the lettuce and made a nice salad last night. It was delicious! I replanted 3 of the plants and then added some Bibb lettuce seeds for another round of experiments. Ill send pictures when there is some new growth.

moe
12-21-2012, 04:41 AM
WOW this looks amazing my system is way older than yours but does not perform half as good i still didnt eat anything out of it lol
cheers on the the success and the lettuce looks yumy !