PDA

View Full Version : She's Berried!!

jackalope
07-26-2009, 07:15 AM
I looked in the five gallon tank yesterday, and noticed that the Krebbie in there was running around with her tail between her legs ..... upon closer inspection, I found that she is carrying a whole lot of berries. Anyone know the approximate time before they hatch?

jackalope
07-30-2009, 07:10 AM
And also, when they're berried, do they eat? Mine seems to spend all her time in the hideyhole (PVC PIPE), when normally, she would be walking around trying to grab a baby Guppy, or eating the Guppy food that falls to the bottom.

BTW, the two in the other tank are not berrying at all, so I guess they mature at different times ...... one of them just shed her exoskeleton the other day ...... isn't it 7 exoskeletons before they're fully grown ..... I think that would be her last one.

badflash
07-30-2009, 08:18 AM
They hide while berried but do eat. They continue to molt until they die, the number of molts is not exact in determining sexual maturity. I can send you a paper on them.

jackalope
07-31-2009, 04:50 AM
They hide while berried but do eat. They continue to molt until they die, the number of molts is not exact in determining sexual maturity. I can send you a paper on them.
I'd like that ;) Thx

jackalope
08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, she either lost all her berries, or the Guppies made her give them up ...... back to square one ;( I've moved all the guppies out of that tank UFN!

jackalope
03-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Well, after the Winter, I have one Marmo left out of the 6 I started out with, and she doesn't seem to be interested in berrying. I guess she's a dud ...... just my luck, a dud Marmo and dud Mossies .... out of the 20 or so that I have left from 150, not one of them is even interested in breeding :( :(. As soon as these Mossies reach a pound or so, I think I'll give them away, I promised some to the guy who runs the lumber store .... he gives me good deals ;) ...... I'll make some room for my Blues, which are being held in trust for me until the weather gets better.