PDA

View Full Version : Aquaponics systems in Western Washington

bp1956
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello all,
I just joined the forum and am trying to learn aquaponics from the "sump" up. ;) I live near Bellingham, WA, and would like to meet anyone in this area that is actively engaged in aquaponics. If convenient, I would love to come and see your system and learn about your experience firsthand. Is there anyone in the forum in this area? Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back.
Barry

urbanfarmer
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Hello all,
I just joined the forum and am trying to learn aquaponics from the "sump" up. ;) I live near Bellingham, WA, and would like to meet anyone in this area that is actively engaged in aquaponics. If convenient, I would love to come and see your system and learn about your experience firsthand. Is there anyone in the forum in this area? Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back.
Barry

Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction! :mrgreen:

alex281
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome!

davidstcldfl
10-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi Barry, welcome to the forum.... :)
If you ever do the 'tourist thing' in Orlando FL, let me know. I'd be glad to show you some AP set ups.

bp1956
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks, everyone for your warm welcome and offer to visit. I appreciate it! Before being able to visit Orlando, I hope there's someone up here in my neck of the woods.

FarmerDoug
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey Barry, I also just signed up to this forum and hoping to contact more people with aquaponics. I am in Southern New Jersey and operation a small scale greenhouse system. We have been looking for others in our area too but have not had such luck. It is intriguing to be on the cutting edge of this technique and it has been very rewarding. We have about 1200 gallons between four tanks and running very smoothly. I'm looking forward to improving and growing what we have started here. Good luck to you on the opposite coast!

bcotton
10-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Please accept my sincere welcome to this forum with this canned response.

Brian

urbanfarmer
10-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Hey Barry, I also just signed up to this forum and hoping to contact more people with aquaponics. I am in Southern New Jersey and operation a small scale greenhouse system. We have been looking for others in our area too but have not had such luck. It is intriguing to be on the cutting edge of this technique and it has been very rewarding. We have about 1200 gallons between four tanks and running very smoothly. I'm looking forward to improving and growing what we have started here. Good luck to you on the opposite coast!
Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction! :mrgreen:

FarmerDoug
10-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Thank you!

joebob
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey People!

My name is Joe Martino. I am a student at the Evergreen State College and am involved in a project to build a passive solar greenhouse that would house an aquaponics system on campus. My goal is to examine the culture of Washington state food production, the number and state of WA AP projects both public and private, and the economical viability of these systems, and to write an essay on these matters by the end of the quarter. Essentially, I am examining the development of systems, and what would be required to make this method of food production more wide spread. If you would like to know more about myself and the project before contacting me, please feel free to visit our project website, www.foodforgenerations.com (http://www.foodforgenerations.com).

I look forward to meeting you.

Joe

Cityfarmer
08-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Hey People!

My name is Joe Martino. I am a student at the Evergreen State College and am involved in a project to build a passive solar greenhouse that would house an aquaponics system on campus. My goal is to examine the culture of Washington state food production, the number and state of WA AP projects both public and private, and the economical viability of these systems, and to write an essay on these matters by the end of the quarter. Essentially, I am examining the development of systems, and what would be required to make this method of food production more wide spread. If you would like to know more about myself and the project before contacting me, please feel free to visit our project website, http://www.foodforgenerations.com.

I look forward to meeting you.

Joe

Hello Joe, Are you still around? I just joined. Live in Kitsap county and would love to talk. Pretty excited and hope to build the green house this coming spring. Brian

Aloha Don
08-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Welcome all!!!!!
The more the merrier!
We are always looking for fresh new ideas as well as share our experience and ideas too.
Read. Study. Learn. Build. Grow.

Roger L.
08-31-2013, 07:03 AM
If we keep getting new members at the rate we have lately there WILL be someone close to all of us. Welcome to all the new members.

JCO
08-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Welcome cityfarmer..what have you done so far? :mrgreen: