PDA

View Full Version : Misc must have aquaponic tools

michael33b
10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I am new to aquaponics and I am wondering what kind of tools would I absolutely need to have in my possession as an AP farmer, i.e a certain type of ph meter, etc..or any tool that I would need along the way to make things easier. Any info would help this newbie out tremendously.

stucco
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
things that i have on hand most days
freshwater test kit with at least PH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.
good utility pump
nets
camera
beer coozie ;)

michael33b
10-04-2012, 05:28 PM
good utility pump
nets
camera
beer coozie ;)

Thanks for the response. Is your PH test kit the digital or chemical? What kind and where did you get it?

stucco
10-04-2012, 05:30 PM
i just use the basic chemical kit from the pet store.

michael33b
10-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks

keith_r
10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
pvc pipe cutter (ratchet style)

michael33b
10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
pvc pipe cutter (ratchet style)
Thanks! I see this project is going to make me a master plumber after a while! :D

PonicDan
10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
good utility pump
nets
camera
beer coozie ;)
I always love those extremely scientific tools...... like "beer coozie" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bsfman
10-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I always love those extremely scientific tools...... like "beer coozie" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've learned that you can get by without the coozie altogether. All you have to do is drink your beer fast enough that it doesn't have time to get cold! This can, of course, lead to a significant pile of empties laying on the ground next to your fish tank while you gaze and grin stupidly at all the nice fishies swimming around. So maybe instead of a coozie, you might want to invest in an extra trash barrel - just to hold the empties! :idea:

JCO
10-05-2012, 08:18 AM
All you have to do is drink your beer fast enough that it doesn't have time to get cold! Did you mean "TIME TO GET COLD" or should you have said "TIME TO GET HOT"? Sounds like you are drinking HOT BEER... :shock: :o :mrgreen:

bcotton
10-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Room temperature is the preferred temperature for beer... cold is just for bad beers to mask the terrible flavor.

brian

bsfman
10-05-2012, 12:11 PM
All you have to do is drink your beer fast enough that it doesn't have time to get cold! Did you mean "TIME TO GET COLD" or should you have said "TIME TO GET HOT"? Sounds like you are drinking HOT BEER... :shock: :o :mrgreen:

Oops! My bad! I MEANT to say hot, but I got confused. (This happens to me a lot when I've been busy filling up my trashcan tool.)

Alaskaponics
01-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Room temperature is the preferred temperature for beer... cold is just for bad beers to mask the terrible flavor.

bcotton You and I have a better sense for beer. Beer should only be made available at room temp. 65f-75f makes the hops bloom in your mouth. With great beer comes great responsibility; responsibility to drink beer right!

Cheers

Sorry to rehash an older ,yet great, post for the principle of better beer drinking!

stucco
01-29-2013, 06:52 AM
did someone say beer?

aquaally
05-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Sometimes things like that happen, after your first twelve or so! aquaally

davidstcldfl
05-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Sometimes things like that happen, after your first twelve or so! aquaally

:lol: