PDA

View Full Version : Andrew from Brisbane - System

wild
07-11-2009, 04:17 AM
My first step towards my Aquaponics system. :) Today I did the base for the fishtank and did up a video for it that you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hhWVR1jD0

When I first heard about Aquaponics I found these forums and loved the pictures and stories people told about their systems - lessons learnt and mistakes made.

Well, I want to be able to contribute back so I will be making sure I post plenty of pics and do videos when I can - as in the videos you get to see a lot more detail.

The base was put together using blocks on crusher dust then placing hardwood sleepers on the blocks. If anyone can see issues with what I have done or the way I did it, please let me know - as I am in IT by trade and using my hands for anything other then typing on a keyboard is all very new - so building an AP system is quite a challenge for me!

Cheers, Andrew.

wolfracer
07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
looks good! everything has a starting point keep us posted!

badflash
07-11-2009, 01:44 PM
As long as the base is well compacted so the blocks don't shift, you should be good to go. I single block can support 700 pounds of weight, so you should be fine with 4 blocks.

jackalope
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Another fun one to watch from the ground up! Thanks wild ;)

wild
07-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Have started on the base for the growbeds. In the pic is the start of the base for 2 of the 1.5m (~ 5 foot) growbeds to sit on. So the total length of what you see in the pic is 3m (~10 foot). The sump will be under the GBs - havent done the base for the sump yet.

wild
07-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Finally finished the base for the growbeds today. Ended up with a different design then what I first thought of... 2x2.8m treated sleepers (75mm thick) sit on 4 blocks which have been core filled with cement. The sump sites under the growbeds and is 1 block high.

Now that the growbed base is done, can finally start on the plumbing!

jackalope
07-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Looking good wild, can't wait to see the finished product. Nice GB's and sump you've got ;)