PDA

View Full Version : Mole crickets

Basil1
04-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Discovered I have a mole cricket infestation in what is left of my lawn. Besides turf, I know that they can also cause damage to other crops. Need a safe organic way to control them due to the aquaponic aspect and the dogs that go out there. I apparently do have one natural predator, but he is getting old and I don't think one dog can do it by himself anyway.

Basil1
04-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Saw a site selling beneficial nematodes, any opinions on this?

foodchain
04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Not organic, but tryacide fixes any bug I have. And down here we got big ones. Doesn't bother my ponds, dog, bunnies, bats in bat box, or kids. Hooks right up to hose and spray.

foodchain
04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I think I mispelled that: Triacide? Anyway Home Depot carries it. about $12 bucks or so. Please let me know if you find something better.

Basil1
04-06-2012, 10:45 AM
SpectracideŽ Triazicide

Is this the stuff you are talking about? Warning labels on this show to keep off skin, keep animals off til dry and extremely toxic to aquatic wildlife. Not what I would put in my yard.

foodchain
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
exactly. While it's wet. Once dry no probs.....I don't really like the idea of dowsing things with chemicals......BUT this works....every single time the organics have failed me.