PDA

View Full Version : Getting attached to your fish

Eleven11
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Hmmm well I wasn't expecting this but it seems that my tilapia have become more like pets than dinner.

It's weird now....

Anyone else have this experience?

Basil1
03-02-2012, 01:18 PM
With some of my long term aquarium fish yes.

Bioritize
03-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I feel that the more love I give to things I grow and raise the more I benefit I receive from eating this life. But for gods sake, don't name your food. :mrgreen:

bsfman
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Hmmm well I wasn't expecting this but it seems that my tilapia have become more like pets than dinner.

It's weird now....

Indeed! With the love and care you lavish on your fish, it hurts to end their lives. Just remember all life feeds on other life - be it alive when life feeds or formerly alive when it feeds. Treat the end of their lives humanely and take solace in the fact they have lived a life of luxury compared to their wild cousins, and have more than likely had a chance to pass on their genes in the process. Not a bad way to live our own lives come to think of it!

Hey! I'm such a softie I hate to thin my crops! Plants are living things too after all!

That being said, I make no apologies for my position at the top of the food chain! :)

Eleven11
03-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Good points. I guess it's obvious that I'm new to farming livestock.

I don't have any problems going fishing and cleaning the catch... it's different when these guys are looking at ya every day though.

Heh heh I'd hate to see how I'd be raising the usual farm animals.

alex281
03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Good points. I guess it's obvious that I'm new to farming livestock.

I don't have any problems going fishing and cleaning the catch... it's different when these guys are looking at ya every day though.

Heh heh I'd hate to see how I'd be raising the usual farm animals.

hahaahhaahahahh!! :D im on the same boat you are! :P

seaspritefarms
03-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Would that you could live on the fragrance of the earth, and like an air plant be sustained by the light.

But since you must kill to eat, and rob the young of its mother's milk to quench your thirst, let it then be an act of worship,

And let your board stand an altar on which the pure and the innocent of forest and plain are sacrificed for that which is purer and still more innocent in many.

When you kill a beast say to him in your heart,

"By the same power that slays you, I to am slain; and I too shall be consumed.
For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand.

Your blood and my blood is naught but the sap that feeds the tree of heaven."

urbanfarmer
03-04-2012, 06:37 PM

It's weird now....

Yes, that's why I name them all Bob. That way, the kids and the old lady know that any animal I name Bob is for eatin. Sometimes I get creative and call one Bob 2.0 or Bob 3.0, but it sets the mindset that it's dinner from day 1. It gets easier after a dozen or so Bobs. :lol:

Choose your name wisely... mwahahahahaha

commander
03-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Geez, I hope you neighbor isn't named Bob

alex281
03-04-2012, 09:05 PM

It's weird now....

Yes, that's why I name them all Bob. That way, the kids and the old lady know that any animal I name Bob is for eatin. Sometimes I get creative and call one Bob 2.0 or Bob 3.0, but it sets the mindset that it's dinner from day 1. It gets easier after a dozen or so Bobs. :lol:

Choose your name wisely... mwahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHA!! :lol: :lol: I actually named my biggest fish bob 8-)