PDA

View Full Version : Crayfish Wanted

Bioritize
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey Guys,

I am almost ready to begin stocking my new system and I would like to put in a few crayfish to help clean things and possibly provide a bit of food, either for the fish or for us. I live in CO and am having a hard time finding some one around here with these guys for sale. I was looking at Marmorkrebs or Reds.

My system in indoors in the basement and should stay around 60 - 70 F with little or no extra heating. It has already warmed to 58 from the original 40 it came out at. This stuff is mountain spring water from 8 natural springs and it some of the cleanest water I have ever had.

Anyway let me know what you guys have or recommend.

Edit: If I must I have a couple 300 watt titanium tank heaters I can throw in there, but I would rather try and find creatures to suit.

keith_r
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM
a little cool for redclaw.. i just got a marmokreb (came free with a scud order) from aquabid, but i'm not real familiar with them yet..her tank is at 70f

try local bait shops in the spring..i got a few dozen papershell crays for 3.50/doz from the bait shop by my house.. or look for local pond stockers/owners.. you could probably borrow/set a trap if you know anyone with a pond..

i've seen a couple places that will ship.. lmk