PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NAGPUR, INDIA.

raunak_9
01-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Yippie great to find some indie's here. This is gonna be fun.

Special thanks to OLIVER for his posts and info,
Don't worry OLIVER we the people are going to beat the hell outta ruling elite.

Time to grow my aquaponics garden, been doing some research off late.

Any indians out there, please help. I have a few problems in set up

Heres the set up i am planning,
Syntex(Brand Name) 1000 litres round water tanks, Syntex water tank square two grow beds 500 litres each.
Plumbing should not be a problem.

Don't know where to find Pump, i think my plumber will solve the plumbing problem

Which is the best species for starter in aquaponics in India? eg. Catla, Rohu, other IMC's etc etc.

Where to get fish food.
Which seed to plant, where to get seeds.
Where to get Water testing kit.

DEspirately need some sub- continental Indians help.

Any Indian aquaponist alive on this forum....please share :D

davidstcldfl
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi Raunak, welcome to the forum... :D

alex281
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
hello and welcome!

Believe it or not half of those things can be found on ebay for super cheap! i purchased seeds, my water pup, my air pump, and my water test kit off ebay and im 100% satisfied!

my species is goldfish :D tough as nails/super cheap so you can experiment until your ready for bigger stuff!

Gardenate.com will send you an email monthly telling you which seeds to plant/start depending on where you live! very useful :P

raunak_9
01-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi Raunak, welcome to the forum... :D

Thanks, Good to find people ready to share wisdom.

I will get the pics of my DIY equipment as soon as i assemble one.

raunak_9
01-06-2012, 10:24 PM
hello and welcome!

Believe it or not half of those things can be found on ebay for super cheap! i purchased seeds, my water pup, my air pump, and my water test kit off ebay and im 100% satisfied!

my species is goldfish :D tough as nails/super cheap so you can experiment until your ready for bigger stuff!

Gardenate.com will send you an email monthly telling you which seeds to plant/start depending on where you live! very useful :P

Thanks alex281 gardenate.com was cool, kind of sad that it didn't feature the climate of my country zone, but i found one perticulare us region interestingly similar, bookmarked.

Thanks.

fundoovish
01-25-2012, 06:28 AM
I would love to see your Setup. I am also from India (Pune) and have just been hooked on to Aquaponics

urbanfarmer
01-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction! :mrgreen: