PDA

View Full Version : Need a Smile today?

foodchain
12-08-2011, 08:39 AM
http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2011/ ... ma-fighter (http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2011/12/chicago-man-beaten-shoots-self-while-trying-to-rob-mma-fighter)

Too much depressing stuff in the news.
This is awesome.

Larry Dietz
12-08-2011, 11:54 AM
That is some funny stuff right there!!

Guess he learned a valuable lesson ;)

-Larry

urbanfarmer
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to start training again... :mrgreen:

alex281
12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAAH

This made my day

foodchain
12-09-2011, 05:49 AM
I wonder, if the defending party will be charged?
It's not likely, but it's happened before.

I got told in a class I took recently that:
In my county, the DA has a no tolerance policy. If you defend your family/home/life with a gun. You get arrested too. No charges are filed of course...But let's look at this:

The DA has removed the ability for an officer to make the field decision on this. So the officer must arrest. You got down town, 30K or so will get you out....and then there's the retainer fee for the attorney...what 10K? So for defending your family, when seconds counted, the police were minutes away...you lose 40K? 40K or potentially be dead? 40K is a small price. Now let's look at where you are going to get this $ from? I don't have that laying around. Your employer finds out, cuz your in the news...how long do you think you keep your job?

Interesting things you learn by asking questions. I wasn't aware of this at all until I took my CHL. Talk about an eye opener. I am really hoping I somehow misunderstood the instructor on this. I haven't had a chance to contact the Assistant DA or his office to confirm this, but this is what was taught.

commander
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
foodchain. Im not sure where in the Metro area you live, but that DA's policy is directly in violation of the Castle Doctrine Law in the State of Texas. I am surprised someone hasn't filed suit against him for wrongful detainment at the least. Where I live in Texas, if it was a fairly clear case of self defense within the Castle Doctrine, most of the time the DA doesn't even consider the case. I have a friend who had to personally ask the DA to take him before a Grand Jury to get a NO Bill, which, under the Castle Doctrine prevents the shooter from being sued in civil court for wrongful death or any other sort of liability.

foodchain
12-09-2011, 09:07 AM
No no, you misunderstand. No charges are filed. You are released, but you still have to post bail, and retain the attorney. The 'word' or rumor on this is that he doesn't allow the officer in the field to determine the situation at the scene. Even though you are released, the damage is done. That's my point.

foodchain
12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
At least that's the way it was explained. I have limited experience with that side of the law though so my first hand is a little lite.

commander
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I understand now. I mis-interpreted your post. My only comment on that is that you need a new candidate for DA next election. This guy sounds like a total jerk.

foodchain
12-09-2011, 09:44 AM
The purpose of the post was to open your eyes. Not to slander or anything like this. IF this info is accurate, it makes you look at 'local' people a whole new way. I have lived here for some time, and wasn't aware of this until I took the class. I am apauled.
Someone tried to come in my house several weeks ago now, in the middle of the night, with clear unpleasantries in mind....had I pulled the trigger, where would I be now? Where would the dender in this above article be if had happened here?

commander
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Just a bit of information since we are on the subject. Take a look at this site https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/concea ... in-now.asp (https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/concealed-carry-report/sample/join-now.asp). They offer a legal defense insurance program that is not very expensive. I don't work for them so I am not making anything. I just ran across them and it sounds like a pretty good deal.

foodchain
12-09-2011, 10:03 AM
May not be a bad idea....does it cover the home as well?

commander
12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Im not sure. The link should get you to all the infor

foodchain
12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I am not sure insurance is any good against the state/feds.