PDA

View Full Version : Aqua/Hydropincs- Testers and do-dads

flienlow
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Well my first "ponics" system has been up and running for a couple of weeks now in my garage. Took the worst tomatoe plant out of the garden planter, and a half dead basil plant to see if it would grow. I have not purchased any fish as I have been "playing" with this system and trying to perfect bell siphons and water flow. I also read somewhere that you want to establish a system before fish.
I have been adding Botanicare progrow 3-2-4 to the water and now my plant is slowly flowering. I also have bubble poinics bucket that I made last night just for the fun of it.
I havent a clue as to what I am doing, and my garage looks of the home of a mad scientist with buckets drilled, pipes cut off, waterflowing, and polyvinylchloride in one from or another strewn about along with all of my tools. -Beats coming home drunk and kicking the dog around the house I guess.

With that said, it's time to go to the next phase. I need to test for PH, and ??? I guess a bunch of other stuff for both the fish, and the bubble bucket.

What should I buy? Where should I buy it?

I know I need testers, and if I am going to buy some I would like digital ones that I can use a while.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

urbanfarmer
09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello and welcome.

Please start here: Aquaponics 101-Part One: The Process (http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/showthread.php?754-Aquaponics-101-Part-One-The-Process)

JCO
09-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. Enjoy :mrgreen:

keith_r
09-20-2011, 07:54 AM
i wouldn't use the hydro chemicals at all.. but that's just me

urbanfarmer
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
i wouldn't use the hydro chemicals at all.. but that's just me
I agree. They're also a huge waste of money.

keith_r
09-21-2011, 06:13 AM
damn UF, i think we're up to 3!

urbanfarmer
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
damn UF, i think we're up to 3!
How charming... :lol: :lol: :lol: