PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the North Thompson Valley, British Columbia

gonetoseed
08-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Greetings folks, I've been interested in aquaponics for some time and will be starting a small construction in September. I am currently a weekend worker at our community salmon hatchery, so am getting a good idea on fish husbandry etc.. I already have a 20'*40' greenhouse and building another to accomodate this aquaponic project is not a problem. I am a big believer in community building, and see this project as a way to help those less fortunate than me, with a source of affordable veggies and protein (fish). Sort of like a living foodbank. I will be posting lots of questions, as I would rather be a fool for 5 minutes than a fool forever, and welcome any input you have.

Cheers

Ian

davidstcldfl
08-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Ian, welcome.... :D
This crazy world needs more folks with your attiude !

cedarswamp
08-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

JCO
08-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. :mrgreen:

rfeiller
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Welcome to our forum

urbanfarmer
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome! :mrgreen:

BC Dweller
08-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Hello from a fellow BC resident. I live in Revelstoke and have this summer just started reading and learning about aquaponics. Several questions I have are related to running a system during a Canadian winter and acquiring fish fingerlings. Let's keep in touch. I would like to hear how your construction goes this fall, your plans for winter and how you intend to get fingerlings.

Good luck!

Devin