PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from near the Bavarian Alps, Germany!

jeremyll33
08-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Hi there,

Great to see this forum. It looks to be one of the best I have seen so far. I am ravenously reading up on this whole subject as I find it fascinating. I have downloaded Travis Hughey's "Barrelponics" PDF which is awesome and also the "IBC of Aquaponics" PDF so am intrigued at AP's possibilities. However I have one question:

I get the impression that many of the AP setups are for warmer climes than mine. In winter here you basically have to close the whole garden down as we can get up to one metre of snow where I live. I own a conservators which we might press to good use. How do others overcome this?

JCO
08-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state /country where you live. There may be other members close by. :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
08-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome! :mrgreen:

rfeiller
08-04-2011, 07:19 AM
welcome to our forum. there are a lot of the systems as you will notice in your reading that are indoors, or in a greenhouse at least part of the year. you are right it does work much better in the sub-tropic and tropic areas. but a lot of folks use local fish such as trout, perch etc to get around that. they maintain their systems year round, but grow only during the growing season. there is a vast difference in applications here in the USA because of the climate zones, with florida having it the easiest. also the government's restricitions on what and where we can raise different fish.

jeremyll33
08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
I tried editing my profile but couldn't. How do I go about that?

urbanfarmer
08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
CLICK --> ucp.php?i=164 (http://diyaquaponics.com/forum/ucp.php?i=164)

davidstcldfl
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi jeremyll33 ...welcome..... :D

cedarswamp
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)