PDA

View Full Version : Hola from SoCal

mpugh5@aol.com
05-11-2009, 05:51 AM
hey ernie, welcome to the forum ,it sounds like your way out in front of the game. thanks for and keep posting so we can learn as much as we can from your experiences. sunny southern cal. went to boot camp there. beautiful weather strange morning weather if your not used to it. i'll be watching your post. thanks.........michael :) ;)

wolfracer
05-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Welcome Ernie,
All I can say is WOW! that sounds like a really cool setup. I guess you have the fish side of thing s covered rather well. Good luck on your setup and I look forward to seing some pictures of your system. I would also commend you on your postive attitude toward life's little curves definitely necessary in this hobby. Welcome to the forum

badflash
05-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Welcome! Did you get Niles, Mossambica, or hybrids?

Don't be shy, post some pictures!

jackalope
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the forum ernie, Glad to have you aboard ;). My youngest son worked with 3DSMax for a little while, but he liked blender, poser and carrera as well ...... (since we didn't have the $ to buy 3DSMax). He just had a "loaner" for a short time .... :( Anyways, welcome to the forum, and to the ranks of the recession-proof job of finding a new job :roll: :roll: :lol:

JCO
05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Welcome ernie...although I have seen your name at the bottom of the page showing you logged in many time in the last few months...was wondering when you would put up a post...and boy what a post...don't stop on my account :mrgreen:

tayl0r
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Another San Diegan!

tayl0r
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Ernie, how well did you clean your IBC tank?

I borrowed my uncles power washer and it took off the majority of the Gorilla Snot but there are still a lot of tiny flecks and specks stuck to the sides (not to the bottom though since the dried Snot just peeled cleanly off in 1 huge layer).

I tried a kitchen scrubber for the tiny flecks but it wasn't very effective. I think a putty knife or other scraper would work but unfortunately the sides aren't smooth, they are kind of wavy, so it will be difficulty to scrape effectively.

Did you have this same problem?

badflash
05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I got the fish from you off ebay and you told me they were T. horonorum from Mike Sipe and some 'near-wild pink Mozambicas'.

i'll post pics when i recover. Moving a bunch of blocks and grow medium has reminded me i'm not as young as may think i am.
Yep, Hybrids then. They should be pretty big by now.