PDA

View Full Version : CORN

urbanfarmer
07-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Well, I grew some corn in my aquaponics system this year. I harvested the kernels and stored them for a bit. I was going to plant the seeds, but I decided to buy a hot air popcorn popper from wally world and the popcorn was AMAZING. Everyone loved it and it was satisfying to eat a giant bowl of popcorn that was grown organically on fish poop. Simply AMAZING! :-)

davidstcldfl
07-16-2011, 03:45 AM
:D ....cool.

Lordshandyman
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, I grew some corn in my aquaponics system this year. I harvested the kernels and stored them for a bit. I was going to plant the seeds, but I decided to buy a hot air popcorn popper from wally world and the popcorn was AMAZING. Everyone loved it and it was satisfying to eat a giant bowl of popcorn that was grown organically on fish poop. Simply AMAZING! :-)
What variety did you grow, and at what spacing. Did you have to make any adjustments in your AP system growing corn?

urbanfarmer
04-26-2012, 04:36 AM
No adjustment. They were spaced about 6-8 inches apart if I recall. It was pretty tight once they got big, but they didn't care. The variety was some kind of purple kernel. I bought it online and it really didn't say except that it made great popcorn. It didn't taste sweet like yellow corn.

dead_sled
04-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Very nice! Oh yeah, the smell of cooking pop corn. Mmmmmm! :)

I have seen some pics of people growing corn in AP systems in Australia. Corn seems to like the AP lifestyle. Here on the great plains, corn is planted at about 6-8" apart in the soil.