PDA

View Full Version : Hi. i'm joel from mindanao...

joel
07-10-2011, 03:37 AM
most would probably be saying, err... where? hehe

i am in cagayan de oro. one of the cities in northern mindanao philippines. i am currently doing some research on very thin ferrocement non-load bearing walls. however, initial results indicate that our 8mm thick samples can carry loads. so we are now experimenting on systems where the material can be applied.

i stumbled on aquaponics by way of googling for pond filters. and i am hooked. we might be able to create a working backyard system by around december of this year. all (ponds and dwc beds) done in ferrocement. but note, it would be very experimental.

we would appreciate any help in terms of advise (we are too far from manila for any other form of "help") from any source whatsoever. has anyone tried ferrocement before? thank you.

urbanfarmer
07-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome! :mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi joel.. :D ...welcome to the forum.

I've never worked with ferrocement....I have worked a lot in pre-cast. You'll need to seal the 'crete, so the water's PH isn't effected so much.

Ironfish
07-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Joel,
Welcome! Check in with Stucco, He works with ferro-cement.

Ironfish

rfeiller
07-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum

JCO
07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state/country you live in. There may be other members close to you.:mrgreen: