PDA

View Full Version : Hello, this is Derrick

one350z
06-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Had a great day at the Orange County Extension Center today. Met Sam, he is a member here, great guy real knowledgeable. Curretnly, I am discovering all of the benefits of Aquaponics and it appears the only real way to go using current practices. I am not necessarily new to farming and will be taking the skills I have and the new ones I acquire to developing some aquaponics gardens. Look forward to meeting and chatting with members! Derrick

urbanfarmer
06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Dang, I didn't see either of you guys there today... Anyway, welcome to the forum!

cedarswamp
06-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. :D

JCO
06-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live, there may be members close by. :mrgreen:

samtheman
06-16-2011, 05:13 AM
Had a great day at the Orange County Extension Center today. Met Sam, he is a member here, great guy real knowledgeable. Curretnly, I am discovering all of the benefits of Aquaponics and it appears the only real way to go using current practices. I am not necessarily new to farming and will be taking the skills I have and the new ones I acquire to developing some aquaponics gardens. Look forward to meeting and chatting with members! Derrick

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday, I am glad you found this forum. They have a wealth of information here and everyone is always willing to help you with any questions you may have. So grab a beer and enjoy the ride!!!! :mrgreen:

rfeiller
06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
welcome to the forum

davidstcldfl
06-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Derrick....wish I had gone too. It would of been nice meeting everyone.

JCO
06-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Derrick, again I request:- "Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live, there may be members close by. :mrgreen:"

one350z
06-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks all! I just updated my information. I live in DeLand, have lived in a condo for some time here. Where I am interested in applying this knowledge is at my dads property in Lake County about 15 minutes away. He has quite a bit of property and we are going to start a small system soon with Tilapia (standard not hybrid for now), and both ebb and flow and float tank. We are going to propably develop a greenhouse on the property as well. I have done quite a bit of research on YouTube, so I am now dangerous because I have 1/2 a clue : ) SO I will defintely be looking for some assistance along the way. Thanks in Advance!

JCO
06-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Thank you, now it's time to bring what you've done to the "SHOW". It's time to pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy and by all means, keep us posted (get it?...posted 8-) ) with info and photos. :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
06-21-2011, 07:58 AM
OH, it looks like we're practically neighbors! :-D