Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: First aquaponics system

Sorry to hear about the losses...
    It was 26 here in central FL this morning...I can imagine what it must be like where you are....thought I heard you had snow...Brrrrrr
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Re: First aquaponics system

ouch jbarber, if i ever build in nevada i was considering to dig a trench for the grow beds creating a micro enviorment cover with poly vinal low cost green house cover the earth berm with pond liner outside of the greenhouse for a heat sink and a styroform wall in the vertical position on the outside of the earth berm ( at outside edge of pond liner) this would insulate the now tons of dry dirt surrounding the trench which becomes a very nice heat sink, there was an underground house built something like this and they required NO heating all year i think the house was in upper mid west or cold snowy climate, yes the top would be exposed with only poly vinal but the earth berm would help direct the cold winds some, i am not sure how it would work ?other then a backhoe for a day should be low cost, yes i would check angle of suns rays etc, well was just an idea i was tossing around