Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: International AP and Tilapia Aquaculture Course

Mix that with some of the sheep manure and start growing worms!
    It would be a shame to waste it!
    Well we do really because when barn is cleaned out all that goes to 4 foot high wind rows and processed into compost

Sheryl I know that some of the stimulus goes to research and development of alternatives such as hydro and aquaponics it is a part of the energy package they want to move with. Don't know details but at least there is a stir in the right area's.
    ""we are what we eat""

Members

Hello JeffW

It's funny you mention worms...
    I raise rabbits for food for both myself and my dogs which are raw fed... The rabbit manure and the feed sacks are fed to the worms... I shred every scrap of junk mail and other paper that comes into the house and that becomes either worm food or is mixed with potting mix for a great soil ammendment or sprinkled onto and worked into my raised growbeds for mulch

The worms are fed to the fish.

I also have 2 Black Soldier Fly Larva buckets that I made from large planters that gets all the fresh veggie scraps from the house that I dont feed the chickens... I also get food scraps from my neighbor and that goes into the soldier fly buckets... the larvae again get fed to the fish, and the chickens and frozen for feeding during the winter... the waste material from the soldier fly larvae gets fed to the worms for a finer vermapost...gets added to my square foot garden, more vegies! happy fish! Works for me

I love free fish food

TTYL
    Sheryl
    Take care and stay safe

Sheryl and Jake SD

Members

WOW... that is cool Sheryl and my hats off to you.!

Everyone is into Fly Larva I see? I killed a fly today in my shop and now I think I should
    instead made a nest for him.

Flys worms rabbits poop...wow this is fun gotta love it
    ""we are what we eat""

Re: International AP and Tilapia Aquaculture Cours

Well, Grace and I are planning on teaching this technology to as many who will listen. Of course, we are new to this and don't even have our system up and producing food yet, but that will happen soon.

Even though we know only a little of what many here know, we can teach what we do know and give tours of our greenhouse once it is all green inside. As we learn we will pass along that information to those who enroll in our future classes.

Grace has been a teacher for many years and I have taught a little myself. We are still in the passion stage of this adventure as our bank account will attest. I hope we can continue with this enthusiasm as we learn and continue to pass along what we have learned to that growing number of Americans who are looking for food independence as well as a better quality source of nutrition.

We started out with the idea of a greenhouse and I suggested that we might want to go with hydroponics, even though I knew little about it. Grace found a web site down-under that talked about this fish and food growing thing called Aquaponics. What a concept, I stated and the rest is history, or soon to become that with us.

I am now working only 3 days a week in my aerospace job so I can spend as much time as possible getting our system design up and working. We can then have our own home-grown food and share our newfound passion with others in the form of classes and/or turn-key systems for their home. I am in my element for the first time in -- well, a very long time, so long that I don't remember ever having this much commitment to a personal project. I want everything to be perfect and that is my growth experience to learn that it already is.

I do ramble on so I will end this blither and continue to read what the experts here have to impart.

Oliver
    To measure is to know

Members

Oliver please ramble on ...I do It helps balance out mind matter
    Good to see you..we like community
    ""we are what we eat""

i agree ,nothing like a good ramble
    one life one love.