Hello all, I am about to realize a long held dream---to own a piece of property out in the countryside with the property being zoned as Rural Residential, which legally allows me to engage in agricultural activities.

This property is located in a rural area of Central Florida, south of Ocala. I have a variety of things I am going to do on the property over time such as raise various berries that grow in this area, grow Muscadine grapes for consumption and making into jellies, jams, juice and cider, have some fruit trees, grow watermelons in their season and perhaps even add hops used in beer making---but the number one thing I am going to do thanks to having enough space----start an aquaponics system---starting small at first to learn how to do it. I have a perfect space already existing---a pergola like structure that only needs some minor repairs, put up some translucent material for roofing and some lattice siding, running an electric line to the structure and then get things going to learn how to do this, growing edible plants for my own purposes and also to start taking to the local farmers markets. I do have a space that I am already looking at putting up a greenhouse structure.

I have a source for food grade barrels that someone has for $20 a piece--I am going to get at least ten of them, cutting some in half so I get two beds from each one and cut some using the bottoms to grow other things.

Since those are food grade---I am good with that--but when it comes to piping---I see people using PVC piping---but with using that----does the water supply/water flow PVC have to also be food grade too or can I use what they offer at the big box places like Lowe's, Home Depot or at ag centered places like Rural King, Tractor Supply and a local chain of ag centered hardware/farm supply stores?? I have also found an online source for food grade vinyl tubing, sold in rolls of 100' in length and am considering using that for water supply lines.

I have purchased a series of books on this subject--some have arrived and others yet to come--I have also joined this site obviously and others online on this subject to learn about how to do this---I am also thinking I will take a trip over to Austin, Texas to take a weekend class offered by the owner of Austin Aquaponics to get some hands on experience from someone who started small and is now a major operation.

I would most appreciate any feedback from those who have already done this as to what sort of water supply lines you might suggest---so thanks in advance.