Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting started

Members
    If you're interested in looking at iAVs, start here ....http://iavs.info/ Plenty of information once you figure out how to poke around in the site. I've been running an iAVS system for a couple months. Got rid of my original gravel based F/D system. Gotta say, iAVs is "as advertised". The hard part is sourcing the proper sand, but once that is done everything else is quite simple and easy.
    I'd rather be ready 6 months too early than one day too late.

Members
    removed due to harassment. Sorry sarge.

This place just got as bad as APN Not you..

Members

Getting started

Quote Originally Posted by Deuem View Post
    What do you all think about the water tower in the Menu AP 101, water quality. Don't know anything about them.
    I was thinking about adding one to my fish tank and just cycle it there. It is like a mineralization tank 2 meters tall. It is an interesting and cheap idea to test out. On the other hand my Ft has a 60cm long filter floss tray inside the cover. I was wondering what would happen it that got change to sand somehow. I would need to add a timer and a new tray but those are little things. To begin with, I'm not going to hijack this thread to solve your problems. Secondly, from things I've seen you posting, you seem to be trying to mix iAVs with your aquariums. I'm, not sure you have an understanding of what iAVs is and how it works. While you can use your aquariums to feed a sand bed, I see no sense in adding sand to your filter system. Sand will be much more trouble to change. Because of my current fish overload I have 2 pumps feeding this filter and it is full in 2 to 3 days. One pump in on the bottom and the other is at mid range to clear the water. I could just try it and turn off the mid range pump and let the bottom pump send the solids to the sand. I originally wanted this pump to go to canisters up and over the tank in cabinets. One was a sand canister. And that was months before I found out about iVAs. Again, you're trying to mix the two - aquariums and iAVs growing style. If you want to filter your aquariums with sand, have at it, but these AP forums are not the place to discuss your aquariums. If you want to do an iAVs setup fed by your aquariums, that's alright as well. Just decide which one you want to talk about, but, in my opinion, you first need to get a better understanding of iAVs before proceeding.

Members
    Originally Posted by Deuem What do you all think about the water tower in the Menu AP 101, water quality. Don't know anything about them.
    I was thinking about adding one to my fish tank and just cycle it there. It is like a mineralization tank 2 meters tall. It is an interesting and cheap idea to test out. On the other hand my Ft has a 60cm long filter floss tray inside the cover. I was wondering what would happen it that got change to sand somehow. I would need to add a timer and a new tray but those are little things. To begin with, I'm not going to hijack this thread to solve your problems. Secondly, from things I've seen you posting, you seem to be trying to mix iAVs with your aquariums. I'm, not sure you have an understanding of what iAVs is and how it works. While you can use your aquariums to feed a sand bed, I see no sense in adding sand to your filter system. Sand will be much more trouble to change. Because of my current fish overload I have 2 pumps feeding this filter and it is full in 2 to 3 days. One pump in on the bottom and the other is at mid range to clear the water. I could just try it and turn off the mid range pump and let the bottom pump send the solids to the sand. I originally wanted this pump to go to canisters up and over the tank in cabinets. One was a sand canister. And that was months before I found out about iVAs. Again, you're trying to mix the two - aquariums and iAVs growing style. If you want to filter your aquariums with sand, have at it, but these AP forums are not the place to discuss your aquariums. If you want to do an iAVs setup fed by your aquariums, that's alright as well. Just decide which one you want to talk about, but, in my opinion, you first need to get a better understanding of iAVs before proceeding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Sarge, Sorry. I deleted my post below. I have nothing good to say.