Members

Newbie from Southern China

Working on Condo Aquaponics farming with fish. Not a lot of room here.
    Currently collecting parts and fish.

Welcome. I am currently in the same boat in regard to collecting the parts, but have the crayfish I hope to one day populate my setup. Do you plan on putting your setup on a balcony or will it be an in door setup?

Jason

Members
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Welcome. I am currently in the same boat in regard to collecting the parts, but have the crayfish I hope to one day populate my setup. Do you plan on putting your setup on a balcony or will it be an in door setup?

Jason
    All growing is currently done in an indoor nursery or the outside balcony. I am working on and asking questions about just using a sump for the outside so I can use my family fish tank as a source of water once a week. I could fit a tote out there but then I would still be dumping my FT water every week to the drain instead of using it. I have a very hard time getting quality water so I want to reuse it as much as I can.

I really like using net cups for transplanting and looking into using them in a vertical tower if possible. Not easy so far. Vertical will go indoors if ever done. Design to get the net cups in is problematic so far. Every time I transplant without the cups I have a 90% failure. With the cups I am batting 100% so far. As soon as the roots break the bottom of the cup they can get moved.

I have one tank I keep for what we call mountain shrimp. Too small to eat buy I did run one Air lift AP unit off of them for a few months. I used air so they would not get sucked into a pump. The little ones are 1/4 inch long. The giant ones are ok but they go into the FT as food. I have a large one in there now that has somehow survived for several weeks. It has claws that are very long and boxes of all the fish or if lucky snaps one of them for dinner.

I have never found any crays yet.