Members

New from Athens GA

I'm an organic horticulture student at the University of Georgia and have been incredibly interested in aquaponics. Because I am graduating in May I have been diligently researching all I can about aquaponics so that I can hopefully find a job in the field. This school (and most, besides UVI and a handful of others) don't have much in terms of aquaponics courses, which has left me to forums like this to soak up everything that there is to know about the subject. I know I haven't explored the forum to it's fullest extent yet, and this is a DIY forum, but are there any resources for trying to find jobs in the field (commercially or somewhat commercial operations) on this site, or anyone on here looking for help in taking their operations to the next level? If I don't go into aquaponics I definitely plan on getting a 'real' job and building a system as a side hobby.

Re: New from Athens GA

Welcome to the forum. Pull up an easy chair, sit back and enjoy the ride.

As for commercial aquaponic operations, I know there are a few but none come to mind. Aquaponics has yet to be recognized as the farming technology of the future.

One day in the future when there are so many people on this earth that you won't be able to turn around without bumping into your neighbor, Aquaponics will come into its own. Until then, it will take persons such as yourself to continue the battle.

"Once more, into the breach rode the 500!" or something like that..!
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Welcome to the forum mitchr...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

hello from Herminie PA

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

Welcome Mitch. You will find lots of friendly help here.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?