Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Hello From North Alabama

I can't tell you how glad I am that I accidentally found forum. I am a retired Air Force master sergeant, retired postal worker. With it getting close to planting season, I started ordering heirloom/organic seed from our garden. This year not only will I be building at least three greenhouses, but I'm going to get started with my own aquaphonics system and garden. About three years ago are purchased 10 of line training package for aquaphonics gardening. Unfortunately, running a horse farm and working for the postal service and up so much time I never got started. But now I'm retired, and other big plans this year. I'm actually the next set up for different gardens, on my 20 acres to keep from cross pollinating my heirloom seeds. I'm really thankful the found this forum.

Re: Hello From North Alabama

Welcome to the forum. First of all, thank you for your service to our country. Secondly, you will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum from both those who have been doing this a long time to those of us who are fairly new. Everyone chips in with answering questions, giving tips and encouragement. You will see both those who have large setups for profit, like yours sounds like it is going to be, to small basement setups like mine. One thing people like on this forum is pictures. Document your build and post your pictures and plan. You may get some tips along the way that may save you from having to do something over a second time. Again, welcome to the group.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Welcome fellow Veteran!
    Also, welcome to the addiction of aquaponics.
    We look forward to following your progress in this adventure and would love to be a part of it (through pictures you post, questions you ask, and the opportunity to help each other)
    Please keep us in the loop
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Members

I am not a typist. Voice to text is killing me. Actually, my garden this year was to determine which version of heirloom vegetables I would make permanent in my garden plans. I'm determined to use only heirloom and organic seed in my garden so I may save the seed for years to come. Our plan is to provide heirloom starters seed for my adult children to use to start their own gardens. I'm planting at least two varieties of vegetables to determine by how well they produce and taste. The plan expanded when I realized I had to separate each of the varieties by a substantial distance to prevent cross pollination. The first of my greenhouses(framed with PVC pipe and fittings), will be the largest and should survive up to seven years. I'm incorporating vertical growing once I've get the aquaphonics in operation in the first greenhouse. A large amount of my produce this season will be going to needy families that I know, who are unable to work and are disabled with children.

I appreciate your interest and the forward to helping others with my experiences.

If you do not get it started, it will never be finished.

Lupus

Welcome Lupus, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

You got a GREAT PLAN in the works...good luck and enjoy.

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Welcome to the forum. Pull up an easy chair, sit back and enjoy the ride.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Apollo and JCO, I'd like to thank you both for the warm welcome. I am beginning to realize how busy a summer I will have. I forgot to mention, I will be replacing my chickens that were stolen one night out of my chicken house in 2011, a few months before the tornado blew it away. So along with all my other projects I have to build portable chicken coop one for 28 New Hampshire Red chickens that I just ordered. They will lay extra large brown eggs. That means I need my chicken house finished before the April 20th shipping date . Tomorrow, after I deposit money on my prepaid card I use for online purchases, I have to order the greenhouse Greenhouse Film and Ground Cover Weed Barrier. So, the greenhouse will be done in about 2 weeks. When I get the greenhouse up and garden planted fifth from the chicken house built, I can start working on my aquaphonics garden and I will have plenty of questions. Until then, good night all

Don't forget this forum runs on photos. That's our drug
    JCO
    so never forget

Members

Well, today the we have a rain again. No work to do on the greenhouse. I was going to pick up the PVC pipe today but I will pick it up only one rainy day. Yesterday, I went down and bought 16 real road ties. While I was at the hardware store, they have a bunch of pallets they were throwing out. I brought home 26 pallets. I will upload the picture now so you can see my load. The railroad ties are in the middle of the trailer cannot see them from this side.

[attachment=0:n59yn5vg]truck load 015.jpg[/attachment:n59yn5vg]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck load 015.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	4642  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where do you live in Alabama?
    JCO
    so never forget