Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Hello From SW Florida

Hello everyone, my name is Josh and am new to aquaponics and will be building a system over the next 5 months. This is something that really interests me so I was all for it when my senior project team decided to do this for our final project. While our project will include a lot more electronics than what is needed for it to run it will be because we will have some requirements for our course. Our team consists of a few electrical engineers with a minor in renewable energies and 2 computer science engineers (programmers).

So while we tackle using a micro-controller to control and monitor the system there will be question I will have about the non electrical side of it as it will be my first. If anyone is interested in the electronics side I would be happy to share what we are planning on doing and how we're doing at. When we get there!

So as I've been doing research I've stumbled into the forum a few times so I though that I would create an account and get to know some of you!

Re: Hello From SW Florida

Welcome, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

Most important lesson I've learned...check it often, even if all looks GREAT. By the time you actually see a problem, you lose. Making you work much harder, trying to recover from a system that is crashing . LESSON LEARNED...the hard way!

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Welcome to the group. You will find a ton of knowledge here on the Aquaponics side here as well as some who have established some electronic monitoring. A search should get you to the electronic side of those setups. It will be interesting to see your final setup for those of us who are technology handicapped. Good luck.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Welcome to the group. Just a word of warning,...even though this is just a project for you...it is addicting!
    Cant wait to see what your system will be...
    WE LIKE PICTURES!
    Let us know the details of what you plan to do
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Members

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I'll be sure to check out you thread Apollo. I will be sure to post plenty of pictures. It helps that I'm required to document everything very well.
    I know this is a project but it has been something that I've wanted to do before that. It'll just have more electronics that first anticipated!

Welcome to the forum. Pull up an easy chair and enjoy the ride.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum....
    Looking forward to following your build...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Welcome to the forum. Just for fun could you keep the project when done? Would be a shame for a cycled system to go to waste!

Members
    Hello everyone. Had intended to continue to post on the build but due to multiple attempts to get my password reset I gave up. So as a quick update the project for the class is done but will continue to be playing with it. topz, I do get to keep it because I built the model that was used. I'll work on starting a thread that goes through the build with the problems that we encountered. There were many... I will also do this because I want to keep improving it and I've found that I really need to learn how to garden better. I'll most likely call it FunkyWalker's Build.

Members
    Hello, another Floridian, and newer that you are. Just registered today. So, from my perspective, you are a veteran. That means that I can go to you for advice. I am still in the process of clearing an area to build a structure to house my new project. It occurs to me that being in Florida, even pretty well north in Florida, that the considerations to be taken into account in building my structure are likely somewhat different than they would be in a cooler climate. I am thinking that I need to build in ways to vent the heat from my structure, though yes, surely I must let in some sunlight through a green house plastic covering. Would appreciate what anyone has to advise on that matter.