Hybrid View

Members

Hello From SW Florida

Hello everyone, my name is Josh and am new to aquaponics and will be building a system over the next 5 months. This is something that really interests me so I was all for it when my senior project team decided to do this for our final project. While our project will include a lot more electronics than what is needed for it to run it will be because we will have some requirements for our course. Our team consists of a few electrical engineers with a minor in renewable energies and 2 computer science engineers (programmers).

So while we tackle using a micro-controller to control and monitor the system there will be question I will have about the non electrical side of it as it will be my first. If anyone is interested in the electronics side I would be happy to share what we are planning on doing and how we're doing at. When we get there!

So as I've been doing research I've stumbled into the forum a few times so I though that I would create an account and get to know some of you!

Members
    Hello everyone. Had intended to continue to post on the build but due to multiple attempts to get my password reset I gave up. So as a quick update the project for the class is done but will continue to be playing with it. topz, I do get to keep it because I built the model that was used. I'll work on starting a thread that goes through the build with the problems that we encountered. There were many... I will also do this because I want to keep improving it and I've found that I really need to learn how to garden better. I'll most likely call it FunkyWalker's Build.

Members
    Hello, another Floridian, and newer that you are. Just registered today. So, from my perspective, you are a veteran. That means that I can go to you for advice. I am still in the process of clearing an area to build a structure to house my new project. It occurs to me that being in Florida, even pretty well north in Florida, that the considerations to be taken into account in building my structure are likely somewhat different than they would be in a cooler climate. I am thinking that I need to build in ways to vent the heat from my structure, though yes, surely I must let in some sunlight through a green house plastic covering. Would appreciate what anyone has to advise on that matter.

So, any updates on FunkyWalker's Build?

Norman, make sure that your growth beds get plenty of sun light...I'm pretty sure my problems was lack of sun light. Check out "Pipe Siphon by Apollo" it was shaded by trees on the s/w/n sides...my guess was too much shade.