Thread: Gday from WA.

Members

Gday from WA.

I found out about IBC aquaponics when looking at water features with Koi in them. I then did massive searches into Koi ponds and filters to keep the fish alive. I stumbled onto a you tube clip that had eating fish and plants in your back yard. I am a keen gardener and I have kept aquarium fish for years. I built my own system after watching heaps of you tube clips. I have bean doing this for six months now. After watching all the clips I could I put pen to paper and designed my first system. And then I assembled it. With my own two hands.

Re: Gday from WA.

Welcome, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

Don't forget to post pictures...

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Members

Merry Christmas Apollo. Yes the kid has gone to bed. A big day for her. At her mothers house. that’s why I am here on charismas night. Thanks I will have a look

Welcome to the addiction.
    We would love to see pictures of your new system.
    Please describe what you have -- gives us different ideas to feed our addiction.
    welcome aboard!
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Hi Blizzard, welcome to the forum....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Ok here is an idea I got from the people who have Koi ponds. I didn’t like the idea of cleaning bio balls? So I made my own radial flow filter and added a paint bag filter to collect large solids and any extra fish feed. Plus I have some remnants of the original contents of my IBCS. And I new that it would show up later. Plus I had the algae bloom when I first started.

Members

Ok here is an updated picture from today. Just another day in paradise.

Welcome to the forum blizzard. Looking good.

Members

Cheers Topz. I am still new at this. I will see what I can think off to make it better. I have already made a few changes. since I started.

That's the name of the game. Make small tweeks here and the until you think it's perfect then add this or that lol. It never ends