Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone!

Members

Hey everyone!

Hello everyone!
    My name is Tom and I am from upstate New York. I am absolutely in love with Freshwater Stingrays. I plan on using Aquaponics as the major method of filtration on my ray pond. I hope to make some new friends one here and learn more about aquaponics!

Re: Hey everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Paratrygon
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Tom and I am from upstate New York. I am absolutely in love with Freshwater Stingrays. I plan on using Aquaponics as the major method of filtration on my ray pond. I hope to make some new friends one here and learn more about aquaponics!
    Welcome Paratrygon, Glad to have you here. We'll be glad to help you out if we can, and in return, you can give us some insights as well, as you progress on your system. You can also maybe tell us more about your stingrays .... pics maybe ............ badflash is your neighbor up there, he lives in Wappingers Falls ...... I can't tell you what that's near, but I'm sure he'll sign on and send you a howdy. Thanks for joining up
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Tom's been to my place and picked up some Marble crays and tilapia. Hopefully he'll find some time to pick up the rest of the marbles he wants this week. I need the tank space for more fry!
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Hello everyone,
    My name is Barbara and I'm from the Missouri/Mississippi area. Our theory is to keep Tilapia in tanks in the house till early Spring. Then out to a 8' poly tank. We intend to heat it for a month or so in the Spring and in the Fall, then harvest in October and back to the house for the winter. We have 4 tanks inside. A 10 gallon is our nursery. A 29 tank for the breeders and a 55 and a 125 to grow the fish for the tank outside. We have Tilapia growing now waiting for the big tank!
    Another trick we have done is making two semi-circles of PVC as large as the 8' tank. (You have to curve the PVC with patience). Then cover it with 2" X 4" welded wire. This way the tank is covered so the racoons dont have dinner before we do and the pump pipe in the center of the tank will be easy to get to - just slide the wire top off.
    We also got 55 gallon barrels from a recycling center and filled them with water. We put them at four corners of the 8' fish tank and bended 20' pieces of PVC into opposite barrels - and chris-cross them. Then cover with plastic to keep out leaves and bird poop.
    We're still working on it - what do you think?

Welcome All! Sounds Like a cool setup Breeding, and remember we like Pictures!

Members

Howdy peeps,

My name is Scott & I live in Brisbane, Australia. Just wanted to say hello before I start trawling through all of the great info on the forum!

Cheers,

Scott.

Welcome!

Members

Thank you for the warm welcome
    Sorry for the delayed response. I live in Gardiner Ny, about 25 minutes away from Jack and have purchased Marmokrebs and Oreochromis Mossambicus from him. He is a great guy and I was intrigued by his amazing setup.
    I will be glad to share my progress and fill everyone in on my rays.

Here is my Aiereba stingray (Paratrygon Aiereba), Woody!

I'd forgotten you were from Gardener! I was just over there last week to visit the new distillery over at the old grist mill. The wiskey is over rated, but the operation is pretty cool.

Members

Someday you should stop in and see the stingrays